maandag 8 september 2014

Thai beef salad

RECIPE

Because I live alone, I know how difficult it can be to make a good meal. Some meals are just impossible to make for 1 person. Generally I manage to do so, but when I want to eat that kind of meal I just invite some family or friends. This way you kill two birds with one stone: you make them happy ánd you can eat something you normally can't make for yourself. A good example for this kind of meal is my Thai beef salad.

I really love this meal because it's full of veggies and fruit. It's also nice to eat, because there are cold pieces (veggies, fruit and peanuts) and warm pieces (beef and sugar snaps). I like to eat it the way it is, but you can also make rice as a side dish.


What you need for 4 persons
1 red onion
1 lime
brown sugar
soy sauce
1 cucumber
1 avocado
1 mango
300 g beefsteak
200 g sugar snaps (peultjes)
peanuts
coriander

How to make it
Cut the onion in thin slices. Make a dressing with the lime, sugar and soy sauce (I don't know the exact proportions. Just taste it and add a little bit more lime, sugar or soy sauce to taste. It has to taste a little sour and salt, not too sweet. This is the seasoning for the whole dish so make sure you make enough). Add the onion to the dressing. Because of the sourness of the lime, the onion will 'cook' a little bit.

Cut the cucumber, avocado and mango in pieces you like.

Cut the beefsteak in thin pieces en stir-fry them. Boil the sugar snaps.

Add everything to the onions. Finally, add peanuts and coriander to taste (I don't like a lot of coriander, it has a very specific taste).


Go on and cook this 'salad', make your loved ones happy!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten