woensdag 10 september 2014

Project Pesto

INSPIRATION / RECIPE

Like I wrote before: I know how difficult it can be to cook for yourself when you live alone. Today I made fresh pesto genovese. Just because it tastes so much better than pesto from a jar! But pesto is a great example for something you just can't make for a meal for one person. Result: pesto overload. But that gave me an idea. In this post I will share with you my pesto recipe like i made it today. In the following posts these next days I will show you recipes where you can use your pesto, because I don't like to waste food. I will call it: Project Pesto.

When you don't like to eat something with pesto everyday (this is never a punishment to me!), I have another little tip for you: freeze the pesto into ice cube trays. This way you can grab an 'ice cube' every time you want to make a meal with pesto. Believe me, there is never an excuse to not make pesto yourself!

What you need
4 tablespoons pine nuts
50 g Parmesan cheese
1 clove of garlic
30 g basil
30 g rocket
+/- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

How to make it
Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan without oil or butter in 3 min. until golden. Let it cool on a plate. Grind the pine nuts, cheese and garlic in a food processor. Add the basil, rocket and the oil and grind briefly to pesto (if it's too thick, add a little bit more oil). Season with pepper and salt (to taste).


"Project pesto, to be continued..."

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten