zondag 7 september 2014

Lunchtip: smoothie with kiwi and banana and toast with brie, honey, walnuts and rocket

RECIPE / INSPIRATION

I'm a bit busy today so I don't have a lot of time to write a long story. But I thought this was a good opportunity to show you that, even when you are busy, you can still eat a healthy and delicious lunch!

I'm gonna start with my smoothie. I bought some delicious ripe kiwi's today and I immediately wanted to use them. I often make a smoothie with banana so I decided that I was just going to add the kiwi to this recipe. Take a look at what I put in the blender:


What you need for 1 glass
1 kiwi
1 banana
1 tablespoon of chiaseeds
1 tablespoon of ground coconut
+/- 250 ml almond milk

Just put everything together in the blender and mix it up! I often use almond milk as fluid, but if you don't have it in stock you can also use water. The result was great. As expected the kiwi gave my smoothie a little hint of sourness and freshness. Delicious!



I wanted to eat something quick but also extraordinary, after all it´s Sunday! So I looked in my fridge and saw brie and rocket. I always have honey and some nuts in stock so that were the perfect ingredients for my lunch.

What you need for 1 portion
1 slice of bread (this can be any bread you like or have in stock)
+/- 50 g brie
honey
1 small hand of rocket
1 small hand of walnuts (I guess 3 or 4 whole walnuts)

How to make it
Turn on the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Then siege the bread with one layer of brie and drape some honey on it. Put it in the oven until you see the brie is melted (+/- 8 minutes). The bread is a little bit crunchy now as well, I like that. Then put on the rocket and the walnuts. If necessary, add a little bit more honey to taste.



So, that was my quick but even though delicious lunch for today. Doesn't it look good? It sure as hell tasted good! I hope you see that even if you're in a hurry, you can always make a delicious AND healthy lunch for yourself!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten