maandag 15 september 2014

Project pesto part 2: Endive with mashed potatoes and bacon

RECIPE

Today starts a new week, so I will share with you another 'pesto-recipe'. It's kind of good weather in the Netherlands, even though I was longing for a dish with endive. I never liked it when I was a kid, but last year I tasted it again and since then I actually LOVE it! I like to experiment with the recipe and so arose my 'endive-pesto dish'. This is another tip for you guys: pesto is a great way to use as a seasoning for all kind of dishes. This is exactly what I used it for in this dish, because I used no salt or pepper. Only the homemade pesto.


What you need for 1 person
3 or 4 medium sized floury potatoes
150 g endive
100 g bacon
2 tablespoons homemade pesto

How to make
Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces so they will cook faster. Boil them in water with a little pinch of salt.

Bake the bacon in a frying pan without oil or butter in 5 minutes until golden. Drain on a paper towel, but keep the fat in the pan.

Mash the potatoes and add the fat of the bacon. It gives a great taste to the mashed potatoes, and now you don't have to add any butter or oil anymore. 

Add the endive, the pesto and the bacon and cook for another 3 minutes.






This is the first time I made this dish this way. But I have to say, it's really the best endive stew I ever ate! The pesto gave the taste of this dish so much depth, I highly recommend it!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten